Intermediate Care Beds
Sussex Community NHS Foundation Trust
Community Short Term Services is a short term health and social care service for people living at home or using care beds at Craven Vale Resource Centre, Brighton, Knoll House, and Highgrove in Hove. These care beds are assigned to patients as an intermediate measure.
All referrals for Community Short Term Services should be made via the NHS 111. Professional Support Line (PSL) on 0300 130 3045 by a GP or health care professional.
Single point of contact for access to:
– Community Intermediate Care Beds at: Bowes House, Firwood House, Milton Grange, Bexhill Irvine Unit, Rye Memorial Hospital, Meadow Lodge (Lewes Victoria Hospital), Crowborough, Uckfield Hospital
– Stroke Rehabilitation at: Bexhill Irvine Unit (18 beds)
– Non-weight bearing beds – Polegate Care Home, Grosvenor Park Care Home (Bexhill)
– Joint Community Rehabilitation (JCR) Team (Physiotherapy & Occupational Therapy) – short term service <6 weeks
– Community Stroke Rehabilitation Team – Stroke and Acquired Brain Injury (<1year)
– Community Dietetics
– Community Speech & Language Therapy
– Adult Social Care Occupational Therapy
– Respiratory Service including Pulmonary Rehabilitation
– Crisis Response Service (EHS, H&R CCG’s)
– Frailty Practitioner Service (EHS, H&R CCG’s)
– Multiple Sclerosis Community Nursing Service (HWL&H CCG only)
– Parkinson’s Community Nursing Service (HWL&H CCG only)
– Community Bladder & Bowel Service (EHS & H&R CCG’s)
Email to request a HSCC referral form (submit via e-searcher for patients within East Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust).
Sussex Community NHS Foundation Trust – OneCall / OneTeam (Coastal)
Single point of access for all hospital and community urgent care services.
The service can facilitate access to all One Team services, including the Rapid Assessment and Intervention Team; GP in A&E; Paramedic Practitioner; Community Geriatrics Service and Dementia Crisis Team and access to community beds across Coastal West Sussex.
Single point of access for community beds provided by SCFT at Arundel & District Community Hospital, Bognor Regis War Memorial Hospital, Midhurst Community Hospital, Salvington Lodge and Zachary Merton plus spot purchase beds and rehab at Marjorie Cobby House.
Signposting and linking referrers to community based services or outside agencies.