— events and conferences
— Education steering group
– Network meetings
– Rehab forum
– Terms of reference
Welcome to The Sussex Trauma Network website
The Sussex Trauma Network is one part of the NHS nationwide trauma strategy, established to provide the highest quality major trauma services to patients.
The question often raised by patients, or by the friends of relatives of someone involved in a traumatic medical emergency, is why the patient has been taken to a particular hospital and not to the nearest one. This website aims to provide access to the evidence as to why the development of the trauma network, built around a major trauma centre and a number of specialist units in each region of the country, is the best way of delivering the highest quality care to patients.
The Sussex Trauma Network is made up of representatives of the following organisations:
• Brighton and Sussex University Hospitals NHS Trust (BSUH)
• East Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust (ESHT)
• Western Sussex Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust (WSHFT)
• South East Coast Ambulance Service Foundation Trust (SECAmb)
• Kent Surrey & Sussex Air Ambulance Trust
• Sussex Community NHS Trust
• Surrey & Sussex Commissioners